Monday, May 01, 2006

Relevant Dreams and Other Opinions

Apparently I do my deepest thinking on current events when I'm asleep. I had quite an interesting dream the other night:

My family were legal Bulgarian immigrants in Russia. In this alternate universe, the Russians relied on Bulgarian oil but treated the Bulgarians like dirt. We considered closing down our oil refineries and leaving the Russians to their own devices but decided to stay when we really thought about the negative impact such a decision would have on innocent people. Meanwhile, a couple of cute little Mexican girls without immigration papers showed up at our factory right before an immigration inspector showed up at our factory. We lucked out and got an inspector that was friendly to the Bulgarians and gave us little grief. He firmly but kindly took the Mexican girls with him, and then I woke up.

Make of it what you will. I'm not thinking too hard about it myself. The dream was just interesting with both oil and immigration in it.
_________________________

While I'm talking about current events, I have a stronger opinion about something else I heard on the news this morning. The ACLU is taking on another Ten Commandments case in nearby Stigler. The thing that really caught my attention was that the ACLU is saying that such a monument supports Christianity and no other faith. Am I missing something here? When did the Jews cut the Ten Commandments out of the Pentateuch? And the Mormons aren't really Christians either, but I'm guessing that the Ten Commandments are still in their version of the Bible as well. Also, while the Ten Commandments are not directly in the Quran, they do correspond pretty closely to the teachings of Islam. All other arguments about the Ten Commandments aside, this idea the ACLU is putting forth is simply ignorant propaganda.

No comments: