Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Belated Birthday Blog

Well, I had a good birthday. Like a little kid, I woke up way too early. Everyone made sure I didn't feel ignored. Most of my coworkers crammed into my office around 10:15 for bagels and chips and a couple rounds of the "Happy Birthday" song. An hour later they took me to Bennigan's for lunch. After work I ran over to church to pay some bills before meeting up with Dad to check out a car I had found online. Another buyer beat us to the car*, so Dad took me to see M:I:III instead.

Interesting notes on my last few birthdays:

~ This birthday was the first since 1997 that I have had either work or school on my birthday.

~ 2005 - Shared the day with Mom for Mother's Day and a couple of family friends celebrating their high school and college graduations. We also managed to squeeze in a trip to the zoo.

~ 2004 - Visited Rooster Days while catching up on old times with Chadana.

~ 2003 - My family sang "Happy Birthday" as Old Faithful went off during our trip to Yellowstone.

~ 2002 - Ropes course week for my New York missions trip, so for my birthday I was forced to stand on the top of a very tall pole. That made the pregnant tarantula I nearly sat on seem quite friendly.

~ 1998 - Senior prom was the same day as my birthday.

~ And since I'm talking about memorable birthday's, I can't leave out 1988. That was the first time my birthday was on Mother's Day when I mistakenly put both orange juice and milk on my Life cereal.


*No problem. I got a great deal on a bright red Kia Rio at the end of the week. On that note, I think I probably have the longest, most dynamic nickname this side of the Mississippi. What started out as "Sarah-5-with-the-blue-car-who's-24" is now "Sarah-5-with-the-red-car-who's-26." With the timing of my car purchase, it changed twice in one week.

No comments: