Friday, April 07, 2006

The Remnant

Hey! A serious post. Imagine that!

A couple of weeks ago, Mom found a magazine article about an adult Christian singles community service volunteer organization called The Remnant. I attended my first meeting Tuesday night, and it sounds like this will be a nice group to be a part of. According to the e-mail list, a couple of old friends are involved, so it will be nice to see them again. My first volunteer activity will be helping to clean and paint the activity hall of a private children's group home.

A variety of social events are listed as available for Remnant members. One of these is West Coast Swing classes on Thursday nights. Obviously, my Thursday nights are committed elsewhere, but this week Scottish dance was canceled due to the weather. I had my heart set on getting out and being active last night, so I decided to give West Coast Swing a try. I almost talked myself out of it since it's something I won't be able to commit to, but getting to meet some more Remnant members talked me into it. Any Scottish dancers reading this don't need to worry about losing me to West Coast Swing. I'm too mechanical and bad at following. Scottish dance works for me because there's a nice formula to how each dance is done. I've just got to be methodically artistic and that's that. Not to say the class last night wasn't fun; I'm just not suited to that type of dancing.

No comments: