Friday, March 24, 2006

A G-A-L-A-P-A-G-O-S-agos

Lately we've started doing "Flying Scotsman" questions again. In "The Flying Scotsman," everyone has a turn to lead the "train," so sometimes each person answers a question as they lead off. A couple of weeks ago was cool because everyone called out their favorite dances, and then we spent the rest of the evening dancing our favorites. My favorite is "Cuckoo Clock" because it has such a good variety of figures. It is also David's favorite dance, so Beth had us dance as lead couple. It was rather weird because I so rarely dance it as a woman. China and I are nearly always partners on that particular dance with me on the man's side. Some dances you don't really notice a change when you switch sexes, but "Cuckoo Clock" is not one of them. I even stuck David on the girl's side once!

Last night's "Flying Scotsman" question was what we think would make the best pet. There were some pretty interesting answers from sea cucumber to naked mole rat. My answer was rather boring as I just said turtle. After giving that answer further thought in order to remedy the mundaneness of it, I have decided more specifically a galapagos would be nice. If I ever have kids, they could ride the family pet. Also, with a galapagos I should be able to plop down next to it, rest my arm on his shell, and ramble on without worrying about boring him. He would be slow enough, I wouldn't have to worry about him running away; and with a turtle's life span, I should never have to deal with a dead pet.

No comments: