Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Brow wrinkler

The lead in line for the health segment of the morning news went "Research shows the sun's dangers outweigh its benefits." Okay, hold up. When I hear that something's risks or dangers outweigh the benefits, I normally assume that the people who have determined such are proposing that the item in question no longer be used. So are these people proposing we send a nuclear warhead into the sun so we don't have to worry about it any more? Okay, okay, so I listened to the story and the researchers were actually saying that people shouldn't sit out in the sun to soak up rays to get Vitamin D. These researchers say that all the health benefits from the sun can be found much more safely by popping pills. I suppose these people want us to build a bunch of sci-fi domes equipped with happy lights (for SAD). I'll avoid going into the subject of sunlight and plants because that would be taking the issue out of context. I could go on a bit longer to fill out my arguments, but it's about time for me to step out and get what little sun I can on a work day in February.

elouai's doll maker 3

No comments: