Friday, October 28, 2005

Flapjacks

I've searched far and wide for a good recipe for flapjacks, those wonderful oat bars I discovered while vacationing in Scotland. After several tries, I've finally adapted a recipe that works for me and was met with hearty approval by my fellow dancers.

Scottish Flapjacks

5 ounces butter
2 heaping tablespoons light brown sugar
4 tablespoons honey
2 heaping cups steel-cut oats
1 medium banana, mashed
2 heaping tablespoons chopped dates

Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a small baking tin (8"x8", 7"x11", or 9"x9") with cooking spray. Melt the butter, sugar, and honey. Add the rest of the ingredients mixing everything well. Pour the mix into the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes. Cut into fingers(bars) whilst still warm and allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.

Enjoy!

(Edit 11/11: I just noticed that I used the word "whilst" above. I don't think I did it intentionally just to use an uncommon form of the word "while." I believe it was simply a typo, but since it's a typo that actually works in a way I can't bring myself to correct it.)

No comments: