Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A very bloggable business trip

My 3-day trip to Anaheim this week had several notable points.

<> Racing across the Dallas airport only to miss my connecting flight because it was one of less than a handful of flights actually not delayed by weather. This resulted in me having to fly into LAX instead of OC and eventually arriving at my hotel at 4AM CT.

<> Discovering a toilet brush inside the toilet once I made it to my hotel room.

<> Sitting in line for a tax workshop as if it were a rock concert.

<> Dragging my colleague on one of my typical quests for some obscure place I just have to check out. In this case it was a British pub called The Olde Ship. After some navigational difficulties left us wandering around a seedy part of town, we finally found the pub only to discover it was closed for renovations until the day we were leaving town.

<> Waking up to an 3.7 magnitude earthquake 45 miles away at 4:30 Wednesday morning.

<> Visiting a Lego store in Downtown Disney with some pretty cool models on display -- R2D2, the Empire State Building, and a life-sized Duplo giraffe -- just to name a few.

<> Touring the Crystal Cathedral. Did you know it doesn't have air conditioning?!

<> Discovering a new drink at a Mexican restaurant. Agua de Jamaica is sweetened, hibiscus-infused water that tastes like black currant juice flavoured with rose water. Delicious!

<> Riding in an open air trolley with locals with their car windows rolled down chatting with us tourists at red lights. Downright Southern in their friendliness.

<> Riding in the elevator with 2 of the world's strongest men from Yorkshire, England.

Yes, this was a memorable first visit to California, indeed.

No comments: