Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Golf

I was trying to do an analysis of where I went wrong on my Solheim Cup prediction, but it was taking too long so here's my rant instead.

The sports report Monday morning on the local news was pitiful. Pitiful! They only reported on football. Granted it was the big opening NFL weekend and there were all the college games, but Hello?! Tennis's U.S. Open was this weekend, but I suppose a face off between Andre Agassi and Roger Federer in a Grand Slam event just isn't scintillating enough material. To cap it all off, they made no mention whatsoever of the Solheim Cup. The Solheim Cup! One of the biggest women's golf events of the year. Maybe, maayybe, I could have passed it over if the American's had lost, but we won! There were no highlights at all. Not of Paula Creamer trouncing Laura Davies, not of Annika Sorenstam's game efforts to keep the Europeans alive, nothing. I am sorely disappointed.

Of course there will be more than enough coverage this week, since the LPGA is actually in town.

No comments: