Sunday, July 17, 2005

Scotland - Day 14

Rest

By Friday, I had pulled off 13 straight days of nonstop tourism and I was worn out. While the rest of my cottage-mates went into Glasgow, I opted to stay back at the cottages and relax. I just read, watched some movies, and walked into Bonnybridge for lunch.

When the others got back from Glasgow, we went to the Underwood Lockhouse, a new restaurant recommended by the cottage owners and likely to become a hotspot before long. The service and food were great and the prices were very, very reasonable. Before we went in to eat, a boat came down the canal so we talked to the men who operate the locks and watched them do their job. It was pretty cool.

The next morning, it was time for me to say goodbye to Scotland and head back home.

The End

No comments: